How to make dreamland BBQ sauce
For those who are a fan of the franchised Dreamland barbecue restaurant, the BBQ sauce might be the favorite thing on the menus. If you wish to enjoy it but are far away or unable to visit the restaurant, create one by following this copycat Dreamland BBQ sauce recipe to apply to your smoked ribs or meat. The original sauce has a vinegar taste and is spicy, but you can still adjust the taste to your preference.
The sauce from this recipe is great for smoked ribs, grilled meat, chopped chicken, basting, marinade, condiment, and more. Generally, barbecue sauce has a balance of tanginess and sweetness added with a bit of spiciness and saltiness. Dreamland is vinegar-based with more heat. To see where the flavors come from, check the recipe below.
- Cider vinegar, 355 ml
- Water, 710 ml
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
- Dark corn syrup, 60 ml
- Yellow mustard, 79 ml
- Tomato puree, 1 can
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Brown sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder, ½ teaspoon
- Onion powder, 2 teaspoons
- Chili powder, 2 tablespoons
- Paprika, 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoon
- Coarse black pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Ground red pepper, 3 teaspoons
- Dry mustard, 1 tablespoon
Instructions for Making Dreamland BBQ Sauce
- Stir the yellow mustard and tomato puree together in a saucepan or Dutch oven until combined.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn on the pan and bring the mix to a boil. Keep stirring and then simmer it once the mixture is boiling. Simmering should be 30 minutes at least.
- Taste the flavors. Do not be afraid to add more ingredients to achieve the desired flavor. If it is yummy enough, turn off the pan. Let the sauce adjust to room temperature.
- Apply the sauce directly to the barbecue or you can save it in an airtight container inside a fridge. The sauce can last for a week or two. Before storing the sauce in the fridge, write down the date you make the sauce.
Based on your liking, you can add more amount of each ingredient. In the dreamland BBQ sauce recipe above, you can add more cider vinegar up to 474 ml. as the original has strong sourness. For the thickness of the sauce, dark corn syrup creates thick sauce because the syrup is made of molasses. If you prefer light sauce, use light corn syrup. Preparing and making the sauce based on the steps above do not take longer than an hour. Indeed the recipe is easy to make and enjoy.
Not only for barbecue, but the sauce is also perfect to add to other dishes like skillet pizza, pulled ribs, hot dogs, spring rolls, grilled cheese sandwiches, tacos, meatballs, salads, and others. Grilling seafood and vegetables using this sauce is also delicious. Cooking rice and beans using the sauce also adds more flavors to the seeds. Another fun way to enjoy the sauce is by dunking plain white bread or fries in it.
Making Dreamland BBQ Sauce
- Author : Benny Adam Blade
- Cuisine : American
- Type : Sauce
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 35 Minutes
- Total Time : 55 Minutes
- Servings : 5