How to Make Honey Baked Ham Salad
Ham salad is perfect for a snack or an easy lunch and dinner dish. The old-fashioned way of making ham salad is mostly using canned ham. However, here we will use a special ham recipe from the Honey Baked ham salad recipe.
Why use this recipe from Honey Baked? The main reason is that their ham is one of the best-selling prepared foods known for its delicious taste and served fully-cooked. Scoop this ham salad onto your hamburger bun or bread with a handful of potato chips, and lunch or dinner is ready to serve!
This recipe is definitely going to be a winning dish. Especially when you have it for a big family meal, pool party, baby shower, potluck and more. It is also very easy to execute and tasty too. With only a sprinkle of mayo, mustard, and dill pickle, the ham salad has that perfect balance of creamy and zesty flavors. Hence, there’s nothing wrong with a handful of celery and chips for garnish to add some crunchiness.
So, before making your own Honey Baked ham salad recipe at home, it’s a good idea to prepare all the ingredients beforehand.
- Cooked Honey Baked ham or other brands— 3 cups (diced or cubed)
- Mayonnaise— ½ cup
- Sweet pickle relish— ¼ cup
- Honey Baked hickory mustard— 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard— 1 tsp (optional, in case you can’t find the Honey Baked brand)
- Celery— 1 cup (chopped into small or large pieces)
- Black pepper— to taste
Instructions for Making Honey Baked Ham Salad
- Prepare the ham. You can either chop the ham pieces by hand or by using a food processor for consistency.
- Transfer the chopped ham in a pretty salad bowl. Add the celery, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, and enough pepper to taste. Stir all ingredients until everything is evenly distributed. For a creamier salad texture, you can add more mayonnaise.
- Let it cool in the fridge for about 1 or two hours before serving. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap when left in the fridge. Serve the ham salad with some crackers, biscuits or sandwiches.
That’s how simple the Honey Baked ham salad recipe really is. The Honey Baked brand ham will definitely boost your salad because it is yummy. Thus, it is also convenient when you want to eat something quick, but healthy. This recipe only requires about 10-15 minutes of your time, with no actual cooking needed!
Moreover, ham salad is a great summer dish. Nevertheless, you can cook this dish any time of year! This is a great dish as a substitute for the regular chicken or potato salad. Hence, it tastes better after you let it cool in the fridge for about an hour or two before eating.
So, the next time you open up your fridge, if there’s still leftover ham salad, you can spread it over your sandwich. Or else, you can use it for other simple side dishes that you know. Ham salad is mostly known best to combine with pasta, mashed potatoes, cornbread, dinner rolls, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, and many more.