Jason’s Deli is one of the United States’ independent, family-owned deli shops that sell healthy foods. There are lots of menu and catering plans that the deli caters to people with specific needs, including vegetarians and people who are sensitive to gluten.
This article will be about our preferred version of the original broccoli cheese soup recipe from the deli shop. First of all, we will show you the ingredients and the instructions for Jason’s Deli broccoli cheese soup recipe.
How to Make Jason’s Deli Broccoli Cheese Soup
Like its name, this dish’s basic ingredients include broccoli and cheeses. The recipe’s name is Jason’s Deli broccoli cheese soup recipe. Not to forget there are also staple ingredients like milk. Here are the full ingredient lists:
- 150 grams of unsalted butter, melted over a medium heat
- The following vegetables, chopped :
- One whole onion
- 2-3 handfuls of baby carrots
- Two heads of fresh broccoli (green vegetables)
- Two stalks of celery
- One cup of milk
- One cup of cubed American cheese
- 1-1 ½ cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- Two pounds of bony chicken pieces (usually legs or wings) for making the broth
- ½ handful of garlic made into garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of dried thyme, cut into small sticks
- ½ cup of potato starch
- Sea salt and table salt, ½ tablespoon each
- Some pinches of nutmeg and pepper for taste
Instructions for Making Jason’s Deli Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simmer the bony chickens inside a pot of boiling water for around 20 minutes to make a broth. Use the water as the broth for the next step.
- Mix the chopped onions with melted butter for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add celery, baby carrots, and the chicken broth you made in Step 1 inside the cooking pot while continuing to stir. Then, add the fresh green vegetables, pepper, and other seasonings as you need.
- Let the mixture heat until the broccoli is tender enough. Continue to stir every three minutes as you gradually add milk, potato starch, and other ingredients.
- Gradually add pepper, ¼ teaspoon of thyme, sea salt, table salt, and nutmeg to the soup.
- Continue to stir at this point. Then, drop the heat to a rather low level and add ¾ portion of cheddar cheese and the whole cubed American cheese. Cook the soup until the cheese that you used in this step melted.
- Serve this soup with the remaining cheddar cheese and another ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme.
(*NOTE: For eight servings)
Since the deli shop is located around the United States, this broccoli cheese soup recipe is American cuisine. It also belongs to a soup-based cuisine.
According to the official website, the soup itself is categorized under the “V” letter, which means it is a vegetarian-friendly dish.
On the other hand, the website indicates a high-calorie level for this dish, which is 320 among the 430 scales. The saturated fat percentage is also high since it occupies 45% of the average daily intake.
Overall, Jason’s Deli broccoli cheese soup recipe requires 25-minute preparations and 10-minute cooking time, which makes you finish the dish in 35 minutes.
Jason’s Deli Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Author : Sarah Hanna
- Cuisine : American
- Type : Soup
- Preparation Time : 28 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 12 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Servings : 8
Read Also :