How to Make Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing
Outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing recipe is one of the most liked salad dressings. It is a salad dressing that uses blue cheese to ensure that the dressing tastes delicious and fresh. The salad dressing is spread on the top of the salad leaves with no significant effort. Numerous types of cheese can be used, but blue cheese is the best one.
For those who love blue cheese, this outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing recipe is great to try. Besides, it also can be used as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or vegetables. It has a great balance of tangy and sweet that will leave you jaw-dropping.
This type of dressing is just perfect for salad or a dip with vegetables or crudites. Even, you can also use it on your Greek salad. The dressing is tangy, sweet, and creamy but not too heavy. The best thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t take hours to prepare. Plus, it doesn’t require complicated ingredients as well. Most blue cheese salad dressings are extremely heavy as they are loaded with sour cream and mayonnaise but outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing is the lighter version.
For the salad
- Danish blue cheese, ¼ cup (coarsely crumbled)
- Iceberg lettuce, 1 small head (trimmed and sliced)
- Grape tomatoes, 1 cup (halved)
- Cooked bacon, 4 slices (superbly sliced)
For the glaze
- Apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- Balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon
For the dressing
- Mayonnaise, 2/3 cup
- Buttermilk, 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt
- Danish blue cheese, 2 tablespoons (superbly crushed)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Small red onion, ¼ (sliced)
Instructions for Making Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing
- Mix the sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Add the blue cheese and season with pepper and kosher salt. Let sit for about thirty minutes in the fridge.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of water, sugar, vinegar, and balsamic vinegar in a small non-stick skillet.
- Cook for about five minutes, bring to a simmer, over medium heat. Stir it intermittently until thickened. Pour it into a bowl and then let cool for a few minutes.
- Put the iceberg lettuce among the plates. Spread the salad dressing over the iceberg lettuce to tumble-down the sides.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the glaze on each slice. Top it with tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese.
One of the greatest thing about making your own outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing recipe is to experiment with vinegar and spices till you find out what work best for your appetite. This great salad dressing recipe is good to flex your cooking skill as it can be done in just ten minutes. Then, if you make a mistake, you can correct it directly.
Another great thing about this salad dressing is that although it is specially made for the outback steakhouse salad, it also goes well with vegetables and meats. Just because it is technically for a salad dressing, it doesn’t mean that you can only use it for salad, there are lots of creative ways to use this salad dressing instead.
Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing
- Author : Benny Adam Blade
- Cuisine : American
- Type : Salad
- Prep Time : 25 minutes
- Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
- Total Time : 50 Minutes
- Servings : 5
Read Also :