How to Make Patti Labelle Banana Pudding
Still remember the music icon, Patti Labelle? There are still plenty of home-based cooks out there who are crazy about Labelle’s delicious pies and puddings recipes! The legendary singer who became an entrepreneur is successful with her own various recipes for dessert creations.
For example, the Patti Labelle banana pudding recipe is really delicious when cooked out of a box-mix. However, with a definite measurement of ingredients, you can make it yourself at home. This dessert contains banana slices topped with cream mixture.
Sweet food lovers will love it! The recipe is easy and practical. You just have to follow the guide below in preparing the ingredients and also the step-by-step instructions.
Patti Labelle Banana Pudding Ingredients
To help you get started, here’s what you need for the Patti Labelle banana pudding recipe:
- Your choice of vanilla biscuits or wafers— 1 box of Nabisco’s Nilla Wafers, Raymundo’s Nilla + Banana Pudding, etc.
- Bananas— 3 ripe, peeled and sliced
- Sweet condensed milk— 1 can or 14 oz
- Whip cream— 2 cups
- Egg yolks— 4
- Salt— ¼ tsp
- Sugar— 60 gr
- Cornstarch— 25 gr
- Vanilla extract— ½ tsp
Instructions for Making Patti Labelle Banana Pudding
- Make the vanilla pudding mixture first— Mix the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract, and whisk until slightly pale. Then, add the cornstarch, whisk again until smooth.
- Heat the condensed milk on medium heat until slightly simmer. Slowly pour into the egg yolk mixture and continue stirring until thickens.
- Cover the mixture by sticking the surface of the pudding to a plastic wrap. Wait for it to cool completely. Or let it chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, beat the cold whipping cream until it is smooth. Beat the cooled pudding to further smooth the texture. Add whipping cream into it and beat until well blended. The vanilla pudding is ready.
- In a large serving bowl or a glass cup, start layering in order. Arrange the biscuits in the bottom of the bowl, top with the vanilla mix, followed by the banana slices. Repeat the sequence until the container is fully loaded. Finish by sprinkling biscuit crumbs, nuts, strawberries, or any other toppings you can think of to put on top.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour until completely cooled. Enjoy your Patti Labelle banana pudding recipe fresh from the fridge. Thus, you can even save it for later. The pudding can last up to 3 days.
Ending your family dinner with a dessert in the form of the pudding is indeed delicious and refreshing. Especially if the pudding is soft and creamy, it melts on the tongue. Just like the Patti Labelle banana pudding recipe, for example. This soft vanilla pudding with sliced fresh bananas is a popular dessert.
Moreover, this banana-flavored snack is best enjoyed cold from the fridge. The sweetness of the banana is dense and rich in flavor. Hence, the texture of the vanilla biscuits covered with banana pudding becomes softer almost like a cake. You’ll enjoy the 20 minutes spent preparing it and it’s worth waiting for until it’s chilled.
Patti Labelle Banana Pudding Recipe
- Author : Sarah Hanna
- Cuisine : American
- Type : Dessert
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
- Total Time : 35 Minutes
- Servings : 8
Read also : Pioneer Woman Butterscotch Pie Recipe