How to make Pioneer Woman broccoli salad?
When it comes to healthy food, vegetables should be added to your menu which are rich in vitamins and nutrients that are needed for good health. There are various families of vegetables that can be turned into a salad base. Broccoli is an alternative option for making a salad full of a high-fiber food which helps you to lose weight and maintain low sugar. Moreover, broccoli is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and has anti-cancer properties for a healthy immune system.
Keep on reading if you would like to make this kind of Pioneer Woman recipe, which is called the Pioneer Woman broccoli salad recipe. Although this salad is loaded with broccoli, the taste is sweet, creamy and tangy with fresh ingredients. This Pioneer Woman broccoli salad recipe uses a yogurt-based dressing. So, adding broccoli helps to give a bit of bitterness to reduce the sweet taste of dressing ingredients.
When you are feeling a bit tired, but looking for something easy and somewhat healthy. This Pioneer Woman broccoli salad recipe is a great recipe for you. Give it a try today!
- Chooped Broccoli, 1 pound
- Bacon (toasted and crushed), 2 slices
- Cheddar cheese (grated), ½ cup
- Raisins, ¼ cup
- Roasted sunflower seeds, ¼ cup
Salad dressing ingredients
- Plain yogurt, ½ cup
- Granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper (optional seasoning)
Instructions for Making Pioneer Woman broccoli salad
- Boil the chopped broccoli for about one minute. Take it out of the water, then rinse with the cold water. Once it’s done, set aside in a pot.
- Next, stir the toasted bacon, cheddar cheese, raisins and roasted sunflower seeds in the broccoli.
- Stir together the salad dressings, plain yogurt, granulated sugar and the apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl. Do not forget to season the dressing if you think the taste is still less tangy.
- Pour the mixture onto the salad, then mix together the entire ingredients.
- Before the salad serves, make sure to set it aside in the cooler for about 1 to 4 hours.
This Pioneer Woman broccoli salad recipe is usually a salad you can eat and enjoy any time. It is perfect for lunch, a light dinner and all kinds of parties with your family and friends.
This salad is a delicious and nutritious side dish that can be made by anyone at home. You might need to substitute some items to make it more satisfying and refreshing. If you are looking for a vegetarian option, the bacon can be omitted, then use the sunflower oil.
Additionally, this is not a rigid recipe. You can adjust it as long as you want. You may put mayonnaise or sour cream instead of yogurt in the dish. For the sweetness of granulated sugar, you can use honey as the substitution. Feel free to make your own Pioneer Woman broccoli salad, and do not forget to store it in the cooler so that the yogurt and cheese will not be spoiled.
Read also :