How to Make Pioneer Woman Butterscotch Pie
Butterscotch pie is one of the most delicious and popular desserts in the United States. In particular, this butter-rich dessert is well-known in the South region.
Today, we’re going to share the modified Pioneer Woman-type recipe. The key things about this recipe include the smooth fillings.
We name the Pioneer Woman butterscotch pie recipe this way to refer to the traditional Southern ways of making a butterscotch-flavored pie. However, this one is the modified version that will include some adjustments to the existing traditional recipes.
- Some cookies and melted unsalted butter (for the outer parts of the pie).
For the fillings:
- Six egg yolks (preferably Omega-3 rich eggs)
- ¾ cup of caster sugar
- Water and heavy cream of ¼ cup respectively
- ⅓ cup of potato starch
- ½ or ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2-3 cups of whole milk (or sweetened soy or almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
For the toppings:
- Some vegan-friendly heavy creams (*recipe also included)
- Crushed Biscoff or Oreo cookies (as much as you’d like)
Instructions for Making Pioneer Woman Butterscotch Pie
For making the heavy whipped creams:
- Put raw and plain cashews inside a bowl of boiling water for 15 minutes. Then, drain and rinse the water.
- Blend the cashews with almond milk inside the blender. Then, your vegan whipped creams are ready to use.
For the outer part:
- Use a plate as the base to crush the biscuits. Then, separate the crushed cookies into another bowl. You will need the remaining cookies for the toppings.
- Mix the crushed mixtures in Step 1 until they are moist.
- Put the mixture in Step 2 inside a place with some rulers to get them to the desired height. Then, press gently into a pie dish and bake in the oven for around ten minutes. After that, store in cool storage.
For softening the eggs:
- Gradually add some portions of the hot liquid mixture to the three eggs while mixing them.
- Gently pour back the hot liquid and egg mixture into a pot to heat them over medium heat for around 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to stir and gradually add the butter until the mixture thickens like a pudding. Finally, pour the mixture into the crust.
For the fillings:
- Whisk three egg yolks to make them smooth. Meanwhile, stir the sugar and water in a saucepan until the sugar’s colors turn golden and the textures become moist.
- Add the creams inside the stirred sugar and water mixture.
- Mix sugar, potato starch, and salt in a separate saucepan, then gradually add milk and vanilla essence as you stir the mixture until it is boiling.
- Pour the mixture in Step 3 into the mixture in Step 1 and Step 2.
- Pour the mixture in Step 4 into the whole pie.
Wrapping it up:
- Refrigerate the whole pie overnight.
- Spread the topping ingredients on top of the pie.
Pioneer Woman butterscotch pie recipe is special since we can make the vegan versions of this delicious recipe by substituting some ingredients, such as using almond milk as a substitute for the whole milk. It produces a wonderful smooth butterscotch texture that we will never forget.
Pioneer Woman Butterscotch Pie Recipe
- Author : Sarah Hanna
- Cuisine : American
- Type : Dessert
- Preparation Time : 27 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 28 Minutes
- Total Time : 3 Hours 55 Minutes
- Servings : 12
Read Also :