How to Make Pioneer Woman Cornbread Salad
Modern salads also still often use cornbread. In addition to using cornbread you also need to add tomatoes, lettuce, onions, clergy, bell pepper, grilled chicken, and also shredded cheese. This dish from pioneer woman cornbread salad recipe can be arranged in such a way that it looks attractive to eat. Making this type of salad does not take too much time.
You just need to wash all the salad ingredients and cut and mix the dressing with the right amount. At best it will take you less than 30 minutes to prepare the salad. Short meal times are suitable for busy people. Not only making short meals but also these foods can nourish the body. You can get carbohydrates, protein, minerals, and vitamins in just one serving of salad.
Based on information from many sources, the number of calories in a salad is in the range of 738 calories. This food is suitable for you to use for a dinner party. Not only is it easy to make but the ingredients to make the salad are also available in abundance in the market. If most of the guests who come to your party are vegan then you can replace chicken with hard-boiled eggs.
For the base salad:
- Cornbread as much as 3 cups cut into small cubes
- Shredded lettuce 10 ounces
- Chopped chicken fillet 2 cups
- Bell pepper seeded 1 grain and chopped it
- Tomato 1 grain and chopped to a fairly small size
- Red onion 1/2 cup chopped finely
- Celery 1/2 cup washed and chopped
- Scallion 1 diced
For the dressings:
- Dry ranch dressing 1 ounce
- Mayonnaise 1 cup
- Buttermilk 1 cup
Instructions for Making Pioneer Woman Cornbread Salad
- Pour dry ranch dressing along with mayonnaise and buttermilk in a bowl. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Store the bowl of salad dressing in the refrigerator until the texture thickens.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cornbread evenly on the plate.
- Continue to chop 1/2 the lettuce and arrange on a plate.
- Arrange 1/2 of the grilled chicken pieces on a plate.
- Also adjust the position of 1/2 celery, 1/2 tomato, and 1/2 cheese on the plate.
- Remove the salad dressing from the refrigerator and immediately pour it over the top of the grilled chicken pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 until more than one layer is formed.
- Give the scallions and put them back in the refrigerator overnight. The texture of the salad will change the next day.
- Take the salad out the next day and the salad is ready to serve.
Based on information from a salad maker, it’s a good idea to let the cornbread sit at room temperature after baking until the time before adding the cornbread to the salad for 4 hours. In addition to paying attention to the cornbread, it is also important to put the salad in the refrigerator for 1 hour before deciding to serve it.
In the storage of salad in the refrigerator should not be too long. The maximum time to store salad is 4 days. More than 4 days it can be ascertained that the texture of the cornbread will be very runny. Let’s enjoy the pioneer woman cornbread salad recipe.
Read also :