How to make Sonoma chicken salad recipe
Since there are many kinds of chicken salad, you may be confused to choose the best one. Well, it’s a difficult task, you know. What about Sonoma chicken salad? This version of chicken salad offers lots of textures and flavours. This Sonoma chicken salad recipe is loaded with dried cranberries and toasted pecans in a light dressing including honey and Greek yoghurt for mouth-watering sandwiches.
This delicious chicken salad is loaded with crisp celery, crunchy pecans, red seedless grapes, and tender cooked chicken breast. The salad is tossed in a dressing containing poppy seed, apple cider vinegar, honey, and mayonnaise. By making this salad at home, you are saving a lot of money. This salad is perfect for lunch, brunch, or even dinner.
- Pre baked Chicken breast, 2 pounds (skinless and boneless)
- Red seedless grapes, 2 cups (cut in half)
- Celery, 3 stalks (sliced thin)
- Pecan pieces, 3 cups (toasted)
- Spring salad mix
- Honey, 5 teaspoons
- Poppy seeds, 2 teaspoons
- Mayonnaise, 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar, 4 teaspoons
- Ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Instructions for making Sonoma chicken salad
- In a medium bowl, combine poppy seeds, salt, pepper, honey, vinegar, and mayonnaise. Refrigerate them until ready to dress the salad.
- Preheat the oven. The temperature is about 375˚F. Put the chicken breast in a baking dish with ½ cup of water. Cover it with aluminium foil and then bake it for about 25 minutes or until the chicken breast is completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken breast from the baking pan and let it cool for about 10 minutes, cover and then put it in the fridge.
- When the chicken breast is cold, dice it into bite-size chunks and then transfer it to a larger bowl. Add celery, grapes, pecans and dressing. Stir it well.
Sonoma chicken salad recipe is not typical chicken salads. It comprises celery, onion, chicken breast, pecans, and grapes. All of them are tossed with soft poppy seed dressing.
This yummy chicken salad is a complete portion of flavours and textures. It is a perfect salad for your bread. This chicken salad is crunchy and offers a salty and sweet taste to satisfy your hunger.
This Sonoma chicken salad recipe is a great option for snacks, lunch, or even dinner. You can absolutely serve it in many different ways. There are many ways to serve this chicken salad. You serve it in a lettuce wrap or over a bed of greens. Furthermore, you can also add it to your sandwich.
Luckily, it’s possible to store your leftover chicken salad for later consumption. It’s recommended to store it in an air-tight container or a plastic bag in the freezer. Nonetheless, it is important to know that there are several factors that will affect your chicken salad like how well it’ll retain its taste and texture. If you are using mayonnaise in your salad, make sure to separate it from the salad. That is because mayonnaise cannot freeze well which will affect the taste and texture of your salad.